NJSBA Family Law Section

View Only
  • 1.  Last Day at NJSBA

Posted 12-29-2023 02:10 PM

Good afternoon, everyone, 

For the last week, there has been a disruption with the Family Law Section in CommunityNET. But, it has now been fixed. Your group is now NJSBA Family Law Section. Having the same name would have created a different issue. The Section is back up and running as the NJSBA Family Law Section.

More news:

Today is my last day at the NJSBA after 33 years. Sigh.

It has been a tremendous experience for me to meet and work with our NJSBA members over the years. You guys impress me each and every day. Every day you wake up, get out of bed, and try to make the world a better place. That means so much to so many people. 

You are in good hands. 

Nicole Crippen is our new Director of Digital Communications and will be the CommunityNET expert. You can reach Nicole at [email protected].

Brian Doyle will become the Section Services Manager, serving as the point-person for our sections and the Young Lawyers Division. Brian can be reached at [email protected].

Justin Gumpel will be joining the NJSBA side of things after working with NJICLE on seminar materials. Justin will be our Committee Services and Content Coordinator. You may see some email from Justin on CLE opportunities, content of interest to the YLD, and  news of interest to the YLD. 

It has been an incredible and rewarding experience to have been at the NJSBA for 33 years, and to have met even some famous people :-) 

I am in awe of our membership. I can tell you lots of stories where I stopped reading a CV and stared at the wall before writing a press release because I was amazed by the drive, the energy, the commitment to put the pedal to the metal and change the world, that appeared between the lines of each CV.

I've learned so much. But, I'm not going out there to tell anyone what to do about their problem since I'm not a lawyer. I won't look good in jail. hahahahaha

I plan on practicing LOTS of golf so I can defeat my "he can do any sport" husband. He thinks that's pretty funny. He'll be stunned when I break 75.

I will miss you very much. I wish you only the best and greatest success in everything you do.

Best regards always and love,

Barb

------------------------------
    Barbara S. Straczynski
    Director of New Media and Promotion
    New Jersey State Bar Association
    One Constitution Square
    New Brunswick, NJ 08901
    732-937-7524
    [email protected]
    ------------------------------