LABOR & EMPLOYMENT EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE DINNER MEETING

When:  Feb 24, 2020 from 06:00 PM to 08:30 PM (ET)

Executive Committee Business Meeting and Labor & Employment Law Section Networking at the NJSBA Law Center. Open to the entire section.

Dinner will be served and the cost is $50 per person.

Message From the Chair
by Ian D. Meklinsky

Happy belated New Year to all!  I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is looking forward to the new decade. 

As Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section, one of my goals during my term is to grow participation in the section, in the Executive Committee, and in the section’s programming. To this end, we will be opening the February 24, 2020 Executive Committee quarterly dinner meeting to the entire section membership.  The meeting will be held at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick. Please look out for the meeting notice. Members of the section should use this opportunity to meet and network with members of the Executive Committee. Hopefully, section members will learn more about what the section is doing from both an Executive Committee and a programming perspective. 

Additionally, the February meeting will be the first time where we will be hosting a guest speaker at the Executive Committee. Our inaugural guest speaker will be Cheryl Stanton. Ms. Stanton is currently the Administrator of the Wage and Hour Division at the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). She has previously served as the Executive Director of the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce under Governor Nikki Haley and as Associate White House counsel for President George W. Bush, acting as the administration’s principal liaison to the DOL, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).  Ms. Stanton was an active member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and of the section, including the Executive Committee, as well as the Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court. The opportunity to hear from Ms. Stanton and ask her questions will be invaluable for members of our section. I look forward to a large turnout for this event. 

New Jersey Law Center
1 Constitution Sq.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901