Consumer Protection in a Nutshell

When:  Dec 17, 2015 from 09:00 AM to 12:35 PM (ET)

NJSBA & NJSBA Section/Committee members are eligible for
special discounts - login to see your discounted rate for this program.

Presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Consumer Protection Law Committee 

Moderator/Speaker:
Ronald I. LeVine, Esq.
Chair, NJSBA Consumer Protection Law Committee
Law Offices of Ronald I. LeVine(Hackensack)
Speakers include:
Joshua N. Howley, Esq.
Sills Cummis & Gross, PC (Newark)
Margaret Lambe Jurow, Esq.
Jurow & Schore, LLC (Montclair)
Daniel Rubin, Esq.
The Wolf Law Firm, LLC (North Brunswick)
Frances Anne Tomes, Esq.
Tomes & Hanratty, PC (Freehold)

About The Program:

Consumer protection litigation has increased significantly throughout the country. Everyone in the Unites States is a consumer. Thus, consumer law touches everyone. New Jersey’s Consumer Fraud Act is one of the strongest consumer protection laws in the country. In addition, consumers enjoy the protection of legislation such as the Fair Debt Collect Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, and the recently enacted NJ Prescription Monitoring Program.

At this important new seminar, a panel of attorneys with substantial experience in the field will provide you with concrete strategies you can put to work immediately to grow your practice in the consumer protection area. Consumer protection law cases may stem from debt issues or home improvement problems, just to name two of the most common causes of action. As an attendee, you’ll learn effective techniques and strategies as you are guided through the procedure for representing and defending various types of consumer protection claims.

Program Agenda:
9:00 Welcome - Ronald I. LeVine, Esq
9:05 Recent case law review - Ronald I. LeVine, Esq
9:40 The “Not-So -Known” cases to look for - Frances Ann Tomes, Esq.
10:15 What to do when the consumer is sued - Daniel Rubin, Esq.
10:50

Break

11:00 Plaintiff Consumer Fraud Action (CFA) claims in the residential arena—servicing of the loan, etc. - Margaret Jurow, Esq.
11:35 Representing lenders and businesses under the Consumer Fraud Action (CFA) - Joshua N. Howley, Esq.
12:10 Handling consumer arbitration - Panel Discussion
12:40 Q&A
12:45 Adjourn

CLE Credits:
NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.0 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 4.0 qualify as hours of credit toward certification in civil trial law.

NJ CLE :

This program has been approved for 4.0 credits (50 minute hour)
PA CLE: 3.0 substantive credits pending ($12 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program)
NY CLE (nt): 4.0 professional practice credits

Trial Attorney Certification:

4.0 civil credits pending

Door Registration: $200
S115800W5

1 Constitution Sq.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901