NJSBA Members Library

A Field Guide to Legal Practice: A Resource for Lawyers in Transition - New Jersey Lawyer Magazine SPECIAL ISSUE/July 2014 

08-05-2014 04:01 PM

A Field Guide to Legal Practice: A Resource for Lawyers in Transition - New Jersey Lawyer Magazine SPECIAL ISSUE/July 2014 Table of Contents: Message from the Special Editors by Christine D. Petruzzell and Susan Nardone; LAW OFFICE MANAGEMENT - Transitioning From Law Firm Associate to Solo Practitioner by Jeffrey J. Brookner; The Lawyer's Office and Other Requirements by David H. Dugan III; Lawyer, Protect Thyself by William W. Voorhees Jr.; ATTORNEYS' FEES - Financial Dealings With Clients by Alice M. Plastoris; Fee Arrangements With Clients by Frederick J. Dennehy; No Fees for You! by Marshall D. Bilder and Robert J. McGuire; ETHICS - Attorney Ethics: Considerations for the Solo by Brian J. Fruehling; Conflicts of Interest: Do I Have One? If So, Can I Cure It? by David H. Dugan III; Confidentiallity: The (Perhaps Surprising) Breadth and Scope of RPC 1.6 by Carol Johnston; Mandatory Professionalism: RPC 3.2 and the Lawyer's Duty to be Courteous and Considerate by David H. Dugan III; LEGAL WRITING - Writing Persuasively at the Trial Court Level: Practical Tips on Style and Substance by Helen E. Hoens; Brief Thoughts on Effective Brief Writing by Christine D. Petruzzell; How Lawyers Can Make Better Motions by Sahbra Smook Jacobs; Common Errors to Avoid in Writing Opinions and Memoranda; PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE - Dealing With Problems at Depositions by Gianfranco A. Pietrafesa; Why? Because I Said So, that's Why!: Opening and Closing Arguments by Joseph P. Rem Jr.; Requests for Admissions--An Underutilized Litigation Tool by Alan S. Naar; Why--or Why Not--Federal Court? (Be Careful What You Ask For) by James J. Ferrelli; A Practical Guide to Appellate Advocacy Before the New Jersey Supreme Court by Daniel J. O'Hern; Cognitive Barriers to Valuing Your Case for Settlement or Mediation: Improving Your Risk Assessment by Laura A. Kaster; E-ISSUES - Using Public Wi-Fi Hotspots Can Land You in Hot Water by Risking Disclosure of Confidential Information by Richard L. Ravin; Ethical Considerations for Attorney Marketing by Asaad K. Siddiqi

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
5974 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Attachment(s)
pdf file
July 2014   1.59 MB   1 version
Uploaded - 08-05-2014
Table of Contents: Message from the Special Editors by Christine D. Petruzzell and Susan Nardone; LAW OFFICE MANAGEMENT - Transitioning From Law Firm Associate to Solo Practitioner by Jeffrey J. Brookner; The Lawyer's Office and Other Requirements by David H. Dugan III; Lawyer, Protect Thyself by William W. Voorhees Jr.; ATTORNEYS' FEES - Financial Dealings With Clients by Alice M. Plastoris; Fee Arrangements With Clients by Frederick J. Dennehy; No Fees for You! by Marshall D. Bilder and Robert J. McGuire; ETHICS - Attorney Ethics: Considerations for the Solo by Brian J. Fruehling; Conflicts of Interest: Do I Have One? If So, Can I Cure It? by David H. Dugan III; Confidentiallity: The (Perhaps Surprising) Breadth and Scope of RPC 1.6 by Carol Johnston; Mandatory Professionalism: RPC 3.2 and the Lawyer's Duty to be Courteous and Considerate by David H. Dugan III; LEGAL WRITING - Writing Persuasively at the Trial Court Level: Practical Tips on Style and Substance by Helen E. Hoens; Brief Thoughts on Effective Brief Writing by Christine D. Petruzzell; How Lawyers Can Make Better Motions by Sahbra Smook Jacobs; Common Errors to Avoid in Writing Opinions and Memoranda; PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE - Dealing With Problems at Depositions by Gianfranco A. Pietrafesa; Why? Because I Said So, that's Why!: Opening and Closing Arguments by Joseph P. Rem Jr.; Requests for Admissions--An Underutilized Litigation Tool by Alan S. Naar; Why--or Why Not--Federal Court? (Be Careful What You Ask For) by James J. Ferrelli; A Practical Guide to Appellate Advocacy Before the New Jersey Supreme Court by Daniel J. O'Hern; Cognitive Barriers to Valuing Your Case for Settlement or Mediation: Improving Your Risk Assessment by Laura A. Kaster; E-ISSUES - Using Public Wi-Fi Hotspots Can Land You in Hot Water by Risking Disclosure of Confidential Information by Richard L. Ravin; Ethical Considerations for Attorney Marketing by Asaad K. Siddiqi

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.